We had the pleasure of meeting Evan Steinberg back at GSP East when Check My Campus was yet to be launched. Less than six months later, they’ve not only successfully launched but have also been nominated as one of the 25 FB Fund winners, and are now competing for a chance to win $250,000 dollars in “non-recourse grants”! Evan and I share a love for caramel apple pops and the SocialCash team looks forward to getting an invite to the CMC tropical island sometime soon.
1) I majored in: Marketing at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business
2) I'm most well-known for: My extensive Nike sneaker collections...watch out for a Check My Campus pair in '09! I’ll have to let Abby know…
3) How did I end up in DC? I was born & raised in Chevy Chase, MD (actor named after the town, not the other way around). Came back to be close to SocialCash.
4) When I'm not working on Check My Campus I'm: watching Michigan sports and scheming about Check My Campus.
5) One thing about me few people know: How about one truth and two lies? 1) I was a stunt double for “Scotty” in Eurotrip 2) Malia Obama wants my old fifth grade locker at Sidwell 3) I designed college apparel for Nike.
6) The thing I love most about my job is: Short lines in the company cafeteria…and all the students I get to meet.
7) Website worth checking out: http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs
8) Best candy: Caramel Apple Pops (I know you’re with me on this, Thais)
9) Best trip: So many great trips to colleges…I’ll go with Vanderbilt: within a 12 hour period, I went to the Sunlight Party (lasts all night until sunlight), checked out the Football Saturday tailgate scene (seeing “guys in ties” and “girls in pearls” cracked me up), and then enjoyed a killer breakfast at Nashville’s famous Pancake Pantry.
10) Favorite Facebook app: I hear there’s this cool new app called Check My Campus (http://apps.facebook.com/checkmycampus/)
11) 3 gadgets I can't function without: (loosely defined as gadgets) - Cha Cha (perhaps inspired by your Crazy Advertising Magic, they do some crazy text message magic that texts you the answers to any question you ask them), GChat (with video), Soccer mom van.
12) My future plans include: Staying Hungry. Staying Foolish. Moving the Check My Campus World Headquarters to a tropical island.
13) In 2007 I: “It was all a dream”
14) In 2008 I: “Now I'm in the limelight ‘cause my app’s tight”
15) In 2009 I: “Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade”